SUCCESSIVE (IDU) ADMINISTRATIONS
IN IGBO UKWU
- ]Town Governance
- ]Igbo-Ukwu Leadership Dynasties
- ]Igbo-Ukwu Town Hall
- ]Successive Idu Administrations In Igbo-Ukwu
- ]The Traditional Socio-Political Admin In Igbo-Ukwu
- ]Town Unions And Administrations
Successive Administrations Of The Igbo-Ukwu Development Union (Idu)
The Political Structure is responsible for the physical development of the town headed by the President-General of the Igbo-Ukwu Development Union who is vested with executive power.
The Igbo-Ukwu Development Union (I.D.U) came into existence on the 15th March. 1975 after the dissolution of then Igbo-Ukwu Progressive Union (IPU). This was formed to improve the development and the administration of the town. The Igbo-Ukwu Development Union is a formal social organization with proper documented constitution and rules under which it operates. It is made up of representatives of the quarters. Wards, the Cabinet Chiefs, 36 Ichies and Ides, Merit Chiefs and the Igbo-Ukwu indigenes in Diaspora.
According to records, the I.D.U has witnessed nine administrative regimes and is currently on her tenth regime. I.D.U has also witnessed four intervention regimes. The IDU has her town union scattered all over the major towns in the country and in Diaspora with Igbo-Ukwu Women as their women wing.
The IDU assembly meets bimonthly at the town hall, Amaehulu. The executive under the President-General formulates policies, plans and programmes aimed at promoting peace, unity and socio-economic and political development of the town. The supervision of the town’s projects is done by functional committees headed by experienced chiefs and professional technocrats. The IDU have executed many projects which are too numerous to mention.
THE PAST TO PRESENT PRESIDENT GENERAL OF THE IGBO-UKWU DEVELOPMENT UNION WITH DATES
- Late Chief F.O Onyekwelu (Ogbuefi) 15th Mar, 1975-1984
- Late Chief Hon. Vincent Agwuncha (Ochiagha I) 2nd June, 1984-1988
- Chief Dr. Chukwuemeka Pius Ezeife (Okwadike) 19th Mar, 1988-1991
- Late Chief J.N.P Okonkwo (Ojenanwayoo) 1991-1994
- Late Chief Barr. M.A.C Okekeizuagwu (Okwuluora) 1994-1997
- Chief Sir. B.C Ezenwoye (Ochoudo) 29th Dec, 1997-1999
- Chief Arc. J.N.O Umeokafo (Ezeodumegwu) 29th Dec, 1999-2003
- Chief Eric Nwobi (Okide) 29th Dec, 2003-2007
- Chief Rob E. Ezeife (Ahaejiejemba) 29th Dec 2007 – 2011
- Arc. Christian Ike 2021- to date
- Barr. M.C.K Ubah (2nd Vice President General, Acting PG) 29th December, 2011 – 2012.
- Nze Christian Okoli Udeafo (Chairman Caretaker Comm by Govt) 7th April, 2012 – 2014.
- Mr. Pius Adimuo (Chairman Caretaker Comm by Govt) 2014 – 2017.
- Nze Basil Osuokwu (1st Vice President General, Acting PG) 25th February, 2017 – 2021.